Techniques | Vacuum forming Take advantage of our knowledge of vacuum forming
Custom vacuum forming
Through vacuum forming we produce the most comprehensive products for you. Throughout the process, you can count on our support and service. From start to finish we think about you to achieve the desired result. We offer you a piece of care and come with a certain solution.
Vacuum forming allows you to take advantage of the great benefits of plastic and by using the latest machines there are a lot of solutions for the dimensions of your products. Our maximum standard thermoform dimension is 3000x2000x1000mm. The final size depends on your design. If desired, it is also possible to vacuum form aberrant product sizes.
Advantages of vacuum forming at Plastica Thermoforming:
- Low startup costs
- Short leadtimes
- Support throughout the process and after
- Customer care
- Production of small or large series
- Products of the most varied sizes, dimensions and thickness
- Lots of different materials in the most varied colors and structures
- Prototypes on Cheap PU Molds (Polyurethane Foam)
- Within 24 hours a vacuumformed prototype is possible with rapid prototyping
What is vacuum forming?
Vacuum forming or thermoforming is forming a product by heating a plastic sheet. The sheet, a so-called “thermoplastic” wich is used for the thermoforming or vacuum vorming is clamped in a stretcher. Then the sheet is heated untill is formable and air is blown under the plate so a small sphere is created. Then a mould or die is pressed from the bottom in the hot sheet of plastic, at the same time, the air between the mould or die and the plastic sheet is sucked away and the product gets its actual shape. After cooling down the sheet the mould or die is removed from the product and the product is ready for further finishing.
How does vacuum forming works?
1. The mould in the vacuum forming machine
2. The plastic sheet is clamped in a stretcher
3. The plastic sheet is heated and elastic
4. The die of mould is pushed in the plastic sheet, the air between the sheet and the die or mould is removed (vacuüm) and the product is cooled
Vacuum forming materials
Vacuum formed plastics can be made with virtually all kinds of materials. Both clear and transparent material as colored. If you need a material with special properties, such as a fire retardant effect, you can also contact us. On the page materials you will find all materials suitable for vacuum molding.
Questions about vacuum formed plastics or need a quotation?
We will send you a quotation soon!
With Plastica-Thermoforming, fast communication and clearness are highly respected. We will always respond quickly to your quotation request. Should you not yet fully know how to make your product exactly? No problem, send us a descriptive quotation request and our experienced plastic engineers would like to think along with you.
You can of course also call us, we can be reached on +31 (0) 164 23 60 33
Request a quotation for serie production but also for only 1 piece!